filters and commands
the chat filters and commands are already listed in the message of the day, but some images for the sake of explanation:
becomes , and on mouseover
typing /afk doesn't put any message in the chat, but it puts a marker by your name like this to say you're away from keyboard.
emotes work similarly to twitch, in that they are written as a word. - dededecry becomes
if you add other characters to the name it will not become an image - dededecrya will not turn into a, instead remaining unchanged. this applies to symbols as well, so if you wanted to, say, put it between quotation marks, you would type " dededecry ", not "dededecry".
image urls pasted into chat will not turn into their image counterparts, but will be functional links. if you want a new image to be added as an emote, either post it in chat or send it to one of the admins directly.
you can also get emotes by clicking on the emote list button and browsing them.
the way cytube works, you are not usually able to pause or skip around the video as it remains in sync with the other instances of the video. however, if there is a star beside someone's name like this, that means they are "the leader" and in control of pausing and skipping around the video, and everyone else's video syncs with the leader instead of the server. admins can make anyone they want the leader by right clicking someone's name in the userlist.
if you are an admin, moderator, or have the leader role, you can edit the viewing playlist. alternatively, anyone can edit it if the playlist is unlocked. the controls are directly underneath the video player. also, you can drag and drop videos in the playlist to move them around, and unless they're made permanent (done by clicking "Make Permanent") they'll automatically disappear once the video's over.
leader/unlocked playlist controls
lock button unlocked
- magnifying glass - allows you to search youtube for videos without leaving the cytube window. there is a "library" option as well, but since we don't have a library it just searches youtube.
- plus - leader and upwards only, unless the playlist is unlocked. adds videos to the playlist. you paste the video's url into the box that appears, and then place it either next (right after the video currently playing) or at end (at the end of the playlist).
- four squares - admin and upwards only. embed a custom frame... i don't know what this is. don't worry about it.
- four lines - playlist. allows you to save the videos currently in the viewing playlist as a personal playlist, which you can add at any time in any cytube channel similarly to a single video.
- trash can - moderator and upwards only. clear the current playlist. self-explanatory.
- up and down arrows - moderator and upwards only. shuffle the current playlist. also self-explanatory.
- red lock/green checkmark - moderator and upwards only. lock or unlock the playlist, so even viewers can add their own videos! locked by default.